February 24, 2019
The National Weather Service has issued the following:
What: High Wind Watch
When: 10:00 PM on 2/24 to 6:00 PM on 2/25
Hazards: Potential sustained winds of 25 mph to 35 mph & gusts up to 60 mph. Winds at these speeds can cause flying debris, turn unsecured objects into projectiles, & cause power outages.
Before an Outage
– Charge cell phones
– Gather supplies
– Turn refrigerators/freezers to a colder setting.
During an Outage
– Stay clear of downed power lines.
– Turn off all appliances
– Keep refrigerator & freezer doors closed.
– Do not use generators indoors.
– If you lose power & have a disability/access needs or use Life Sustaining Equipment (LSE) & need immediate assistance, dial 9-1-1.
For the latest weather info: www.weather.gov/okx/.
To view this message in American Sign Language (ASL), العربية, বাঙালি, 中文, Français, Kreyòl Ayisyen, Italiano, 한국어, Polski, Pусский, Español, اردو or ייִדיש : http://on.nyc.gov/2qvGr8J.
To refer your friends and family to this service please visit http://www.ny